Re: [Nolug] Linux email host agency?

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 22 May 2002 22:47:42 -0500

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 22:34, Craig Jackson wrote:

> > I hope you can find what you're looking for (heh, for the right price,
> > I might even consider doing it)... but honestly, you ought to host it
> > yourself, and use the erstwhile hosting fee to pay for directvDSL.
> > That's far smarter than a hosting company in silly valley.
> >
> > - --Joey
>
> Hi Joey,
> Well, what can I say. My word doesn't go very far at work I guess. We're
> 100% Windows -- ugh. (how much longer can I take this torture? I don't
> know) But, if they say have email hosted, and I can't talk them out of
> it, dammit, I'll have it hosted at a Linux site.

They want to host _internal_ email at a remote hosting facility??
Wow....

I just might start my own company, too, just to host it. No
sense sending their email 1/2 way across the country, when I
can spy on it in my bedroom...

Have you spoken to the people at Bynari?

> Now we have two lines already, COX and a Broadband. My notion was to
> connect both to a Linux box and do load balancing. Users can't stand
> when the Internet goes down, so I figure I'm safest that way. Don't
> think they'll listen though.
>
> Where's that rabbit's foot of mine?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net     |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| "I have created a government of whirled peas..."        |
|   Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002,                   |
!   CNN, Larry King Live                                  |