Re: [Nolug] Linux email host agency?

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 00:45:27 -0500

At 10:34 PM 5/22/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Now we have two lines already, COX and a Broadband. My notion was to
>connect both to a Linux box and do load balancing. Users can't stand
>when the Internet goes down, so I figure I'm safest that way. Don't
>think they'll listen though.

By Broadband do you mean Broadband IP, the wireless Internet service out of
NOLA? If not, have you considered getting business DSL? Is that what you
are using now? Instead of getting two consumer-grade broadband services you
could probably reduce hassle by getting one business-grade service. Of
course, you would still lose redundancy. Hmm..

The cool thing about business-grade services is that you usually get a SLA.
That can really put the fire under a provider to keep your service running.

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
UNIX and Network Consultant
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
PGP Key available at http://www.us.pgp.net
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams