RE: [Nolug] Need graphics card recommendation

From: Andy Cristina <acristina_at_penta-corp.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 10:51:55 -0500

Well, when I was running Red Hat 7.2 with the geForce 2 MX 400, I had
lockups in gnome fairly consistantly. Not just a simple X lockup, but a
machine freeze. The machine wouldn't accept any external connections, and a
soft reboot wouldn't work. You had to power down with the machine's switch.
It did this so often I had to boot into win98 if I needed to code or do
anything that could take more than 10 min. KDE worked fine, but KDE sucks.
I havn't put 7.3 on that machine yet, but I will because Suse's YAST2 deal
disconnects my modem when it goes to update... and I'm having problems
Hat though. BTW, are you using the nVidia drivers? Or the ones that came
with RH? The nVidia ones might be better.
Andy