Re: [Nolug] Transferring web site

From: Cory Wright <corz-misc_at_southcarrollton.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:52:47 -0500 (CDT)

Dave,

Will you be running DNS server software on the computer connected via your
DSL line?

If so, the first step would be to setup that software (BIND, or even
better, djbdns) and configure it to hand out authoritative answers for
your domain. If you aren't hosting your own DNS then skip to the next
step.

You will need to work with your registrar (register.com, network
solutions, etc) to change the DNS servers that are listed for your domain.
Most of the registrars have web interfaces for this stuff now, which makes
it much easier than it used to be.

While you are waiting for these changes to take place you can begin to
configure apache. Documentation comes with the apache source and its not
too hard to install.

Next you will want to transfer your files from your current hoster to your
machine. Either rsync or tar/gzip/ftp will work for this. Rsync is
great, and has a detailed man page. Try to use it first.

Regards,

Cory

--
Cory Wright