Re: [Nolug] Transferring web site

From: Dave Prentice <dprentice_at_uno.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 17:22:51 -0500

Cory or anybody,
    Directv is allocating one static IP address. I hope to have a web page
accessible to the outside world on a RH 7.2 box with Apache, as well as
maybe later using it as an email server. Unless I need to run a DNS, I don't
plan to. There will also be 3 other machines in the house, all running
various versions of MS. I don't want these visible from the outside world.
    If I use a freesco router, is it possible to make the RH machine visible
to the outside while keeping the others hidden? Or do I have to use the RH
as a firewall so that it can be seen while keeping the others hidden?
    Next question: How do I find out who the registrar is? The hosting
service (www.interferenza.com) handled all that for me from the beginning.
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com