Re: [Nolug] Transferring web site

From: Dave Prentice <dprentice_at_uno.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 08:40:28 -0500

James,
    Transferring files is not a problem because I already have all the
originals here on my home computer. I only uploaded them to Italy when I was
satisfied with them.
    I checked on the registrar of the domain name. They (tucows) show one of
the guys at the hosting site in Italy as the owner of the name. I emailed
him to let him know I want to transfer the domain. If he gives me any
trouble I'll just use another name. I already registered www.originsweb.info
and just need the hardware to arrive (hopefully Friday) so it can go online.
    Regarding a router, I found out that IPcop (www.ipcop.org) has far more
functionality than freesco and will allow a network to be set up exactly as
I want it. Freesco is great for what it does, protecting a network where all
machines are hidden from the world (e.g. in my classroom). However, IPcop
allows you to expose one or more to the world as a web server.
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com