Re: [Nolug] Backing up linux

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:49:25 -0600

> Software RAID works really well and removes the possibility of broken
> hardware.
>
> But, yes, do use RAID of some sort.

I've never used Software RAID in the corporate environment, but do use
SW RAID5 at home..... works very well.
However, I have recently started wondering about how would I
successfully move that raid stack to another computer, with more recent OS.
Current one is running Fedora 4. The new one could still stay in Fedora
realm, but probably would be one of the debian derivatives....

Without having done any excessive research on this, I would assume some
of the "md" files need to be copied over with the actual drives....

Petri