Re: [Nolug] Ubuntu 8.04 Preview - or mandriva

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:08:52 -0500

I have not tried the latest Ubuntu yet, however finally there is a
distro in which my ThinkPad Z60t integrated wireless (Atheros chipset
based a/b/g) works out of the box. I'm talking about the Latest Mandriva
2008.

With beta release the wireless worked perfectly, with RC2 it works, but
keeps dropping the connection. This problem seem to be consistent with
what many people have reported with madwifi drivers. I think there is a
fix for it somewhere, but I have not looked for it yet.

Petri