[Nolug] PHP help

From: Dustin Puryear <dustin_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:17:13 -0500

Hey guys- We are looking at building a tool in PHP and we need some
suggestions for the following modules/classes:

Logging. We need to be able to do general logging (e.g., debug logging,
info logging). I've used log4php before (as well as log4perl and log4j),
and it works well. Other suggestions?

Audit Logging. We COULD use log4php I suppose. Other ideas?

Access Rights. We need to manage access to a given page and elements
within that page. We'll be doing this using LDAP groups. Best method? Is
there an existing module out there to do this? We could do this using
php-ldap ourselves, but I'm hoping there is already a wrapper for this
that provides a more generic interface. Nothing as complicated as using
SiteMinder or anything of course. :)

Templating. We will be using a templating system to separate code from
the presentation. What have you used? Thoughts?

--
Dustin Puryear
President and Sr. Consultant