Re: [Nolug] PHP help

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:22:19 -0500

I got lost with this statement.

"why bother to learn the arcanities of a templating language like
smarty, when you already are using one with php?"

How is PHP itself as template engine? Would it be easy enough for a
non-coding web designer to use?

I've just recently got into using Smarty, and it would take lots of
effort to do same tasks in PHP only. Or perhaps I just don't know how.
I'm not an expert with Smarty, then on the other hand, I'm not
"programming" with it. Only displaying the HTML code and some data which
PHP collected for it. Web designers learn the simple tags easily so I
don't have to bother them with PHP side and they can use their own tools
for the web design.

Petri