Re: [Nolug] PHP help

From: Christopher M. Jones <cjones_at_partialflow.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:49:09 -0400

To clarify:

It is bad practice to mix the data access, domain, and presentation
layers of an application. MVC. Superficially, this means we don't want
to have SQL queries in a template file, and we don't want HTML mixed in
with code to calculate e.g., category rankings. What you want is
separate layers to 1. Get the data and pass it into the domain, 2.
Transform the data and pass it to the presentation, and 3. Present the
data. (The data itself is inert-- it's just what the layers are
shuttling around).