[Nolug] resetting bios password on a laptop

From: Bart Pittari <pittari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:12:34 -0500

A friend I know is trying to do some tech support for a laptop (dell
inspiron 640m) and it's got a BIOS password. The owner of the laptop
inherited the system and doesn't know the password. The previous owner is
unavailable. Dell support has been less than helpful, including the Change
of Ownership route.

>From looking at the support forums, there are cracks available for latitudes
based on the service tag number, but none I could find for inspirons.

Any workarounds or suggestions? I have the service tag if needed.

Bart