Re: [Nolug] Well...it's official. He did it.

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 01:32:36 -0500

B. Estrade wrote:
> Well, duh :)
>
> I did find the last bit of the article amusing:
>
> "Ongoing development has been relocated to kernel.org, but the effort could be doomed to bitrot because developers don't seem particularly interested in taking a stab at maintaining the code. Reiser's chief legacy his filesystem and the large body of research he has contributed to filesystem theory could be forgotten because of general lack of interest in keeping it alive."
>
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 08:56:34PM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:
>> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080708-reiserfs-fading-into-obscurity-as-maker-leads-cops-to-corpse.html

It is a shame that the community as a whole is abandoning the code.
 From the comparison chart linked in another post on this topic, Reiser
Filesystems seem to be filled with some features that other filesystems
lack and that are useful.

Seriously, if the guy had died of cancer or in a car wreck, would the
community be so keen on just letting the FS die of bitrot ?

Jeremy