Re: If they're unreliable as heck... (was Re: [Nolug] someone's gotan axe to grind...)

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:38:18 -0500

On 08/05/08 11:19, Jeremy (mailing list box) wrote:
> Dustin Puryear wrote:
>> Yes he did. And I'm thinking he may have meant WordPerfect (WP).
>>
>> I think his thoughts are that you can replace TS with Pine and
>> WordPerfect and people are good to go.. ;)
>>

> I'm pretty sure his intention is to try and get a rise out of the group.
> The idea that you replace applications like Outlook and Word in a TS
> environment with Wordperfect and Pine is way out there. Seriously, as
> much trouble users are for us admins, you don't make their lives harder
> unless absolutely necessary if you value your sanity.

You did say that it was one of your previous previous previous jobs.
  To me, that indicates A Long Time Ago. But then, maybe my Long
Time Ago is different from yours.

There must be people on this list with fond memories of WP51 who
remember that it was a very cross-platform app. It even got it's
start on DG minicomputers...

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA