Re: [Nolug] The Unix Desktop (was Re: If they're unreliable as heck... (was Re: [Nolug] someone's gotanaxe to grind...))

From: Dustin Puryear <dustin_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 09:58:46 -0500

They are snazzy, and I was relating my experience from a while back.
With Citrix, portals, oh my!, you can do just about anything now.

We are working with a client right now and helping them with SSO so that
their portal solution allows access for a hospital user to any of the
applications across several facilities with a few clicks. Ultimately
this will be pushed to the desktop via Citrix and there is even word of
the vendor adding context support (you are working on patient X, you
click app Y, and app Y brings you to patient X automatically because it
knows you were working on patient X in app Z).

Things really are getting cool.

--
Dustin Puryear
President and Sr. Consultant