Re: [Nolug] The Unix Desktop (was Re: If they're unreliable as heck... (was Re: [Nolug] someone's gotanaxe to grind...))

From: Dustin Puryear <dustin_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 16:34:19 -0500

Actually, you could rephrase 'Or... "new additional" as in, they just
purchased new software which only runs on Windows' to "the vendors
required software which ran on Windows." Again, it's about paying the
bills. :)

Some software kept running on SCO for quite a bit of course. That's why
the TS systems each had preset configs for telnet to those applications.

It all worked out quite nicely. We supported both worlds with easily
managed systems and it didn't cost an arm and a leg to support. If we
had decided to go with all Windows desktops or all UNIX desktops then
our support cost would have been.. big.

--
Dustin Puryear
President and Sr. Consultant