Re: [Nolug] The Unix Desktop (was Re: If they're unreliable as heck... (was Re: [Nolug] someone's gotanaxe to grind...))

From: Dustin Puryear <dustin_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 16:31:36 -0500

I'm thinking you aren't familiar with thin clients used in Windows TS
situations. The whole idea is that there is no hard drive or any moving
parts. It's basically just a little piece of plastic that you throw on
the network to use to connect to Windows TS. As far as booting locally,
they boot from firmware.

--
Dustin Puryear
President and Sr. Consultant