[Nolug] Service Learning Celebration next Thursday

From: Wendell Jones <gwjones_at_structurex.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:38:09 -0500

Hi everybody,

Well, the demo day at the Service Learning Celebration is just one week
away. Has anyone found a way to come and help out? I think that I will
be able to bring enough stuff to put on a basic demo showing a server
running on an old 486 and a workstation on an old P133. It would be
nice to also have a high end current machine to show the range, but this
should be pretty applicable to the audience which will be composed of
school teachers, students, and representatives of non-profit
organizations.

I am hoping to have some flyers to hand out about the NOLUG meeting
which
is that evening. Does anyone have (or could put together) something
appropriate with the name, web site, schedule of meetings, directions to
the meetings, and that sort of thing? I can print some out if you can
send me a file or point me to where it is.

We just did a booth at a Law Expo here in Lake Charles last Friday.
The turn out was very poor at least in part due to the weather, but of
the few people there, a pretty good percentage seemed to be genuinely
interested in learning more about Linux or actually putting it into use.
It seems that this is a good time to be putting Linux (OK, Free software
in general including BSD (hi, Jeremy) :-) ) out where people can see it.
Hopefully, next Thursday will be a step in that direction.

See you all at the meeting, if not before.

Wendell