Re: [Nolug] Introducing myself

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 11:08:21 -0500

"Dennis J Harrison Jr" <dennisharrison@gmail.com> writes:

> Anyone use PHP because it is "well supported, and mature" ?

I use PHP because it is available everywhere and almost anyone can pick
it up quickly.

Which, in some sense, means it is well supported and mature.

What fascinates me is how some people use PHP as a fast-and-loose
script-it-now language, others use it like C — trying to get as much
performance as possible and worrying about things like variable
interpolation in strings, and still others (the project I'm working on)
use it as a “real” OO language for building enterprise applications.

PHP is better at “worse is better” than Perl is. (And, yes, Perl is my
true love.)

Mark.