[Nolug] Various stuff

From: Peter Kahle <pkahle_at_pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:54:43 -0500

First off, we never did come up with a plan for what we want to talk
about next time, did we? I'd like to hold a PGP keysigning at the
beginning of the meeting. If anyone's interested, please speak up, or
I'll let it drop again. But we still need a real topic.

Second, is anyone actually working on a revamp of the web pages? If not,
I'll volunteer to ask Scott for a login so I can at least correct the
couple of errors we've noticed in them (wrong email list info, something
with the wrong room number, etc).

Third, Joey asked everyone what they thought we as a group could do to
get awareness up about Linux in the local business community. So feel
free to discuss that on-list. Basically, we've talked a little about the
NOLA Linux Co-Op that was proposed a year or two ago, installfests came
up, etc, but the floor's pretty much wide open.

Oh, and this is as much a note-to-self as anything else, but any of your
co-workers who might be interested in NOLUG, remember to send them a
nice intro thingy with the website and the list on it.

Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.
					-- Ben Franklin
|| Peter M Kahle Jr              ||     PGP Public Key on Keyservers     ||
|| pkahle@pobox.com              ||   http://www.kahlilia.org/~pkahle/   ||