Re: [Nolug] Various stuff

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 20 Sep 2002 02:21:24 -0500

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 22:54, Peter Kahle wrote:
[snip]
> Third, Joey asked everyone what they thought we as a group could do to
> get awareness up about Linux in the local business community. So feel
> free to discuss that on-list. Basically, we've talked a little about the
> NOLA Linux Co-Op that was proposed a year or two ago, installfests came
> up, etc, but the floor's pretty much wide open.

Would moving the monthly meetings to Metairie be useful in drawing
a larger audience? It started in the Math Bldg because Konrad
was a Math student and could get that room.

Since Konrad and The Resident Punk have departed, and thus the
initial reason for having them at UNO are no more, moving the
meetings closer to where more people live (true statement??) would
make it easier for more people to make the meetings (shorter drive
there and back) after a long day at work.

Comments?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "What other evidence do you have that they are terrorists, |
|  other than that they trained in these camps?"             |
|   17-Sep-2002 Katie Couric to an FBI agent regarding the 5 |
|   men arrested near Buffalo NY                             |