Re: [Nolug] Various stuff

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 07:27:20 +0000

>Would moving the monthly meetings to Metairie be useful in drawing
>a larger audience? It started in the Math Bldg because Konrad
>was a Math student and could get that room.

Sorry guys, this isn't going to change. UNO wants us there, bad, and there's
no reason to tick them off by leaving. They get recognition as being
linux-friendly we get a free room (sans politics and sales presentations,
anyone remember the last time we thought about meetings in Metairie?), a
little more legitimacy by being quasi-sponsored by a largue university, etc.,
etc..

Also, at least one regular attender is there because we meet at his school.