Re: [Nolug] RMS vs Cisco (Round 1 *ding*ding*)

Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:38:28 -0600

John Souvestre wrote:
> GPL makes use of copyright law, yes. Or do you means it does so in an unfair
> way? If so, how?

No, only that it exploits the portion of copyright law that refers to
derivative works in order to make the viral portion of the GPL
permissible. My point was to take exception with the argument that the
GPL somehow subverts or works around copyright. It seems to me that
it uses the current copyright system to its advantage instead of
seemingly correcting what is wrong with the system.