Re: [Nolug] RMS vs Cisco (Round 1 *ding*ding*)

Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:14:00 -0600

John Souvestre wrote:
> That the GPL license accomplish what it wants by using copyright law in a
> straightforward manner seems like an endorsement of copyright law to me.

Which would make sense if not for the fact that the FSF seems to take
huge exceptions to the way copyright works. The whole
copyright/copyleft thing they go on about would seem to hint that they
don't like the copyright system, yet at the same time the GPL is a
perfect example of using the problems in the system.