Re: [Nolug] RMS vs Cisco (Round 1 *ding*ding*)

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:00:16 -0600

On 12/15/08 10:44, Jeremy (mailing list box) wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>> PF has the right, which I defend, to release their music any way they
>> wish, just as I defend MSFT's right to release closed-source s/w.
>
> And I agree, especially since I produce copyright-able content. But it
> is another thing to chill out expression by suppressing works that are
> vastly different. Once again, another flaw in the copyright system.

Nothing is preventing "you" from expressing yourself by remixing PF
albums, playing it for your friends at your own parties, or even
demoing it for record executives to show them how talented you are.

You just can't redistribute the rmix.

>> Civilized disobedience like the March To Selma, or uncivilized
>> disobedience like the anarchists mob attacks at global trade meetings?
>
> March to Selma... Sit-ins... That type of non-violent disobedience.
> As to the protests of the global trade summits, that is an example of a
> bunch of bad apples spoiling the cart load.

Sit-ins? Oh Puh-leez. Uber-rich Harvard students pretending to
give a rat's ass while wasting their parents' tuition.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA