Re: [Nolug] RMS vs Cisco (Round 1 *ding*ding*)

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:44:11 -0600

Ron Johnson wrote:
> PF has the right, which I defend, to release their music any way they
> wish, just as I defend MSFT's right to release closed-source s/w.

And I agree, especially since I produce copyright-able content. But it
is another thing to chill out expression by suppressing works that are
vastly different. Once again, another flaw in the copyright system.

> Civilized disobedience like the March To Selma, or uncivilized
> disobedience like the anarchists mob attacks at global trade meetings?

March to Selma... Sit-ins... That type of non-violent disobedience.
  As to the protests of the global trade summits, that is an example of
a bunch of bad apples spoiling the cart load.