Re: [Nolug] RMS vs Cisco (Round 1 *ding*ding*)

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:30:22 -0600

On 12/15/08 11:46, Jeremy (mailing list box) wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>> Nothing is preventing "you" from expressing yourself by remixing PF
>> albums, playing it for your friends at your own parties, or even
>> demoing it for record executives to show them how talented you are.
>>
>> You just can't redistribute the rmix.
>
> It isn't that simple. Rappers have had this problem because they have
> taken whole songs and simply added rap "lyrics" over them.

Acuff-Rose.

> Arguably
> that is clearly a derivative work. Electronic artists, however, who
> craft entirely new tracks around existing melodies, like the main
> refrain from "Another Brick in the Wall" are harder to pin down as
> derivative works.
>
> From Junkipedia (Wikipedia)...

[snip]

>> Sit-ins? Oh Puh-leez. Uber-rich Harvard students pretending to give
>> a rat's ass while wasting their parents' tuition.
>
> Ron, you for about this so quickly? ;)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_sit-ins

Did the law demand that Negroes couldn't sit at the lunch counter,
or did the law allow such store policies?

Anyway, sitting at a lunch counter wanting to buy food is
qualitatively different from a of whiners occupying the President's
office and crapping on the desk.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA