Re: [Nolug] Sharing File Systems

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 16:47:04 -0600

> What about rsync over ssh?

I was going to put my two cents in last week, but since you mentioned my
solution, I guess I can chime in now.

As I understand it, John's got a non-homogeneous network. Each Linux distro
puts things in a different spot, plus there's FreeBSD to contend with. I had a
similar setup some time back, and I scripted for each target.

Basically this is a "make" setup... there is a master, and updates are pushed
to the slaves using some sort of makefile. It works, but I'm not convinced
it's the smartest approach.

Part two of his project... I would use KDE's Konqueror to mount the remote
boxen via fish, probably.

01101101 01101101 01101100 01101010 00110100