Re: [Nolug] Radius & Tacacs+

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:50:47 -0600

Dennis J Harrison Jr wrote:
> There are over 30 people who have write access to the git repos right
> now. Many more write patches and concentrate on different system
> within the samba project. One outdated sentence on a wiki is not the
> collective opinion of all those people.

Then THEY should update the FAQ on THEIR official site. You are
barking up the wrong tree.

> But you should have a reason other then some blanket statement.

When an official source of information from the development team says
the software is not ready for production, I believe it.

> So what are you 100% sure of?

That's immaterial to the discussion at hand.

> No, I am complaining because your ivory tower mentality should at
> least be coupled with the ability to bring forward progress.

Give me a break. Ivory tower mentality? I'm not the one that is out
of touch with the way this all works. The computing world is not some
Utopian dream world where all of the users have the time or the ability
to understand, debug or patch the software they are using.

You want to call that realization an ivory tower mentality, fine, that's
your prerogative; I call it knowing the average user/customer better
than you do.

> Which is why you have a responsibility to make it work 'better'. If
> you can do something to improve a situation, you should.

Frankly, you are in no position to tell me what I should be doing. My
responsibility is to keep networks and systems running, like the others
who keep the networks and systems running that enable you to post on
this list. Glad to know that ungrateful people like you think you know
what folks like I should be doing with our time.

> Unless you have ANY SHRED of proof towards me foisting anything to
> anyone, then keep your libel to yourself.

Contrary to what your believe, there has been no libel. Look it up.

> Bring some meat into this, bring in some facts... Something other then
> conjecture. I don't know how to fix a problem you won't define.
>
> If you are saying that Samba4 doesn't work as described, you're wrong.

Find an example of me stating, in my own words, that Samba 4 _does not
work_. You'll find none. So I would kindly ask that you stop making
things up to fit your agenda. There is a huge difference between saying
something does not work and that something is not ready for a production
environment.

You want to whine and complain and throw a childish temper tantrum
because someone reads a statement on an OFFICIAL site regarding the
status of a project, a statement that by your "judgment" is incorrect,
then take exception with the source of that information - the Samba project.