Re: [Nolug] Hacker Space HOWTO

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:16:03 -0600

Joey Kelly wrote:
> Simple math... 20 people chipping in $30 per month would give us $600, which
> is a realistic minimum once you figure in utilities and bandwidth, unless we
> get stupid and rent something in a scary part of town.
>
> Can we find 20 suckers^Wfriendly LUG members willing to help support a club
> house?

After the ~$200-$250/month for utilities, considering this would be a
power hungry operation, that doesn't leave a lot for rent. Assuming
you can keep the utilities under $200, you only have $400 for rent.

I took a quick on Craigslist for spaces and I found mostly office spaces
that are under 200sq ft in that range. I saw one that was 500sq ft but
it was in Chalmette.