Re: [Nolug] embedded/gumstick/small form factor Linux devices

From: Alex Lemann <lemanal_at_caktusgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:18:08 -0500

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 09:52:03AM -0600, Shannon Roddy wrote:
> Anyone have any experience using low power (PoE?), small form factor, flash
> based linux emedded devices? I may have a use for a few, but don't want to
> blindly start procuring devices and testing if anyone can make
> recommendations.

I've used both x86 and ARM boards from Technologic Systems (
http://www.embeddedarm.com ). They've been reliable and have worked
extremely well. But, I don't see anything with PoE on first glance.
They are low power (.5W to 2W)-- I've run one off of a modest solar cell +
charge controller + battery setup without any problem.

At the time (a couple of years ago) they made more sense than gumstix
in terms of cost and features.

-Alex

--
Alex Lemann