Re: [Nolug] Media box

From: Chris Jones <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 18:23:17 +0000

I do this at home. I started with my windows box, then built a linux file server running samba. Now, I've got 2.3tb in my mac pro and probably another tb in a vista box, and I share all hdd's at the root level. I then have an original xbox with a mod chip, running xbmc. With it, I can browse into any smb share. I'll have a directory like DVDs, open it up, and it's full of iso's. Xbmc will open the iso and mount it virtually over then lan, as if I had put the dvd in the drive. What's even more amazing, is if you have an iso that is rar'd up, xbmc will open the rar and the iso within it, and stream that as well. You can also do the same thing with mp3s, pictures, etc... It works perfect and the xbox has component video and optical audio out.