[Nolug] Advice on help desk software?

From: Jonathan Roberts <gremln007_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:30:46 -0500

Hey Guys,

I am looking for any advice you might have on a simple piece of help desk
software that can import and handle support requests sent to a designated
email address. Web based is probably best. I'm not looking for anything
flashy. Just something that can check a pop account and create tickets
based on emails to it. Some of the packages seem to handle updates to the
ticket creator via email as well which is ideal. (We'd like to avoid the
client having to log into a ticket web site for example). I have looked at
Mojo Help Desk and Helperoo. Neither one did exactly what I was looking
for. Mojo had too much that was unneeded and Helperoo is probably a little
too minimal. I would go with Helperoo probably if nothing else good is
available.

Thanks for any advice,
Jonathan