Re: [Nolug] Advice on help desk software?

From: B. Estrade <estrabd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:38:36 -0500

We use OTRS here at LSU HPC. It's not too hard to set up, but it has
its quirks. It is highly customizable, though.

Users email us at a specified address. OTRS has a cron script that
runs to check the email account, and digests the email. We're
notified, then we interact via web interface - though the person
seeking help uses email only.

We settled on this after a good bit of research and experience with
things like RT, which we decided we didn't like :)...

Brett