Re: [Nolug] Computer_hardware_poster -- A really neat image collageof hardware past and present

From: Chris Jones <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:00:37 -0500

My point was, that the original image, at 1280x1813, is far too small
to print a poster from. Assuming an average DPI setting of 300dpi,
that image would be good enough to print a 4"x6" card. Hardly a
poster. Which is why I was asking if there is a higher resolution
version. Bart posted a link to the full res version, which is much
better at 4320x6120. At 300dpi, this will get you a 14"x20" print.
Still hardly a poster, but it might qualify as a mini-poster. Bring
the DPI down to 150, which sucks for print, and you can stretch it to
about 28"x40", which is a decent poster, it will just look grainy.
The only saving grace might be if you use an inkjet so the colors run
together. And there's no way you can read all that text down in the
CPU socket area of the 1280x1813 file, the detail just isn't there.
That would be like trying to convince me that the graphics of a 2600
game look realistic.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Petri Laihonen<pietu@weblizards.net> wrote:

> Chris Jones wrote:
>>
>> I have 20/20 vision.  The detail just isn't there.
>>

> Which browser are you using / what settings in the browser?
>
> In my firefox, after it has downloaded the entire image AND automatically
> resized to fit to the browser window, all I need to do is click on the image
> and it will show up in original size. There was only maybe one or two texts
> I was having problems reading, and my vision is definitely not 20/20
> (Assumed 20/20 is good)
>
> Petri

> believed to be clean.

Chris Jones