Re: [Nolug] Linux - The New 'Hot' Job Skill

From: Brad Bendily <bendily_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:59:37 -0500

> On
> a related note, do pensions still exist in the real world?!

I work for a company that still offers a pension and a normal matching 401k.
i'm vested in the 401K from day one, but I have to work for 3 years to
be vested in
the pension. In reality, it doesn't mean much to me other than it's
some kind of retirement
option. I don't care as long as there is a retirement option.
The pension was one of the things they touted when I was applying for
the job, so I had to
research/google to try to figure out what it was. That's when I found
that not very many companies
offer them any more.

bb

--