RE: [Nolug] Looking for fast network access

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 05:55:27 -0600

Hi Petri.

Metro Ethernet.

IDS can probably do it. 832-0002.

Regards,

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA

  _____

From: owner-nolug@stoney.kellynet.org [mailto:owner-nolug@stoney.kellynet.org]
On Behalf Of Petri Laihonen
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:26 PM
To: nolug@nolug.org
Subject: [Nolug] Looking for fast network access

I'm looking for some pointers to fast access in NO area, any info?

One of the companies operating at our film studio in Elmwood is looking for a
local access to utilize an uplink bandwidth of 10+ Mbit/s, preferably faster.

They currently have temporary bonded T1 (3xT1) while awaiting for their 10Mbit
line. (T1 setup works so and so...) and 10Mbit connection in Elmwood industrial
area seems not to realize.

BTW Cox is located 1.5 blocks away, but they think it is not feasible to provide
connectivity to our building (Building next to us does have cable connectivity)

Petri