Re: [Nolug] This month's topic: firewalls

From: Yuji Yamano <yyamano_at_kt.rim.or.jp>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:43:38 +0900 (JST)

Joey Kelly <geek@joeykelly.net> writes:

> Is that ipf/ipfilter or some variation? There's a great document linked
> to the NetBSD site at http://www.obfuscation.org/ipf/ipf-howto.txt .
> Dunno if this is what you have or not --- I've never used FreeBSD
> before.

I think the basic idea is same as NetBSD's ipf.

> > I'd love to see the rc.firewall picked apart actually...I'm not sure
> > how relevent since I use FreeBSD...

I only used ipfw, FreeBSD's packet filter, at FreeBSD 2.x days, but
I guess current ipfw isn't different so much from 2.x's one. I think
the firewall section of FreeBSD handbook, ipfw(8) man page and comments
in /etc/rc.firewall help you.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls.html
http://www.jp.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.firewall?rev=1.45&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

--
Yuji Yamano <yyamano@kt.rim.or.jp>
    Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.  --William S. Burroughs