Re: [Nolug] This month's topic: firewalls

From: Dustin Puryear <dustin_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:56:45 -0500

At 09:43 PM 10/17/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>I only used ipfw, FreeBSD's packet filter, at FreeBSD 2.x days, but
>I guess current ipfw isn't different so much from 2.x's one. I think
>the firewall section of FreeBSD handbook, ipfw(8) man page and comments
>in /etc/rc.firewall help you.
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls.html
>http://www.jp.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.firewall?rev=1.45&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

I've never seen a really in-depth analysis of ipfw. I've seen a lot of work
around ipf and definitely ipchains and iptables under Linux, but not ipfw.
Anyone seen a book devoted to the topic? What about a really good article?
I have a good understanding, and already use it, but this just got me thinking.

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <dustin@puryear-it.com>
Puryear Information Technology