Re: [Nolug] The worst fix ever

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 15:59:28 -0600

On 2010-01-05 15:24, Techmaster wrote:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246026
>
> Does anybody else see the problem with this? Some unimportant files
> get corrupted, but the fix is to backup, format, and restore
> everything but the corrupted files? LOL

To me, that seems a perfectly rational solution. After all, what
should a Linux user do if the inode table gets corrupted.

The *real* stupidity is:
     NTFS supports case-sensitive (POSIX) file names, but Chkdsk does
     not check file names in case-sensitive mode.

Since this only affects versions up to Win2k, they apparently fixed
chkdsk for XP.

--
"Hell hath no fury like the vast robot armies of a woman scorned."
Walt