Re: [Nolug] searching for download confirmation

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 20:17:11 -0500

The phones which support OMA Download process, in the download metafile
there is a notification URL section.
For these phones, there is no problem detecting the download status. (unless
operator intervenes)

Phones which download using GCD metafile, same applies.

For java applications, if the phone supports, notification can also be set
in the .jad metafile.

If the client is using a download manager application developed by us, then
naturally there would also be the confirmation process.

Basically any other download method, I'm trying to maximize the download
success. Tomorrow I should be able to find out more with phones not
supporting OMA Download method.

Thanks BTW everyone for all the pointers......