Re: Grumpy Old Man says... (was Re: [Nolug] E- Readers)

From: Michael Jeter <michael.damian.jeter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:34:24 -0500

I really did not mean to offend anyone.

I am a layperson concerning computers, a teacher of English
Composition, whose ultimate work revolves around how I might make
education, specifically literacy, more affordable to more people, a
project in which I think Linux and similar open source os and software
can, potentially, play a major role.

While I agree that e - readers at present do not represent a more
affordable alternative, the project on which I currently work
represents a speculative section of the thesis which supposes a time
when more affordable and more useful - ie, capable of allowing users
to notate texts - when students might carry all their texts on a
single device.

Again, I apologize for any offense. My history shows I always offend
someone, though I try not to offend in the same way twice.

On 4/12/10, Jerry Wilborn <jerrywilborn@gmail.com> wrote:
> This conversation has come full circle!
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=the+answer+to+life+the+universe+and+everything
>
> <http://www.google.com/search?q=the+answer+to+life+the+universe+and+everything>
> Jerry Wilborn
> jerrywilborn@gmail.com
>

> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Dustin Hinton <cyberduttin@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> The Answer to everything is "42"...
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Apr 12, 2010, at 2:08 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> > When he pays me cash money, I'll gladly treat him like a brainless
>> > manager.
>> >
>> > Until then, it's quite valid to expect some personal effort before
>> > getting freebie answers.

>> > --
>> > Dissent is patriotic, remember?

Michael Damian Jeter