[Nolug] X doing something funky

From: the Professor <nyghtgolem_at_bigplanet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:23:03 -0500

I have RedHat 7.3 installed on a P2-350.

The X server was running fine until I restarted it to fix something.

After it rebooted, the init process hits runlevel 5 and goes to switch to
the graphical login and gets no farther. It just sits there and toggles
back and forth between 2 or 3 video modes. I can occassionally see the text
login prompt and if I do it quick enough, I can log in and issue an init 3
command to get it out of runlevel 5.

In runlevel 3 I reconfigured using Xconfigurator and it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

the Professor