Re: [Nolug] Time to add some diversity to this list. Dadgummit!

From: Dustin Hinton <cyberduttin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:58:51 -0500

Wow!! I know everything about you except what you ate for breakfast this
morning? ;p j/k ofcourse.. It's nice to have ya Ben ;)

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2010, at 7:53 PM, Ben Bullard <benbullard79@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello.

After joining this list some months ago and noting with some humor it's
recent explosion of activity thought it time to say hello. By diversity I
mean that I'm not an IT person or student. I'm a printing pressman of some
years who uses/prefers Linux rather than the magical wonders of Redmond.
That being said I don't give a crap what anyone else uses. I do give a crap
that users have a choice. I grew up in Mississippi [Jackson] of parents both
of whom were born in Mississippi [many generations, DAR, SAR and so forth].
Lived most of my life in Denver area but moved back here in Jan. '09 because
this is where, or close to where, my family lives. Couple of years of
college but most training and education is through family, work, continuing
education, and on the job or resources provided by the job. Oh, yes, and
most importantly UOHK.

FWIW one brother in Miss. is a died in the wool Ubuntu user. Other brother
here in NOLA is openSuSE/Windows XP user. I'm Fedora, and Mandriva user but
do have openSuSE partitions currently as well. Started LInux with Fedora
Core 3. Tried Ubuntu and Kubuntu [and a ton of others at one time] but just
prefer Fedora and/or Mandriva. Most every one else in the family doesn't
know or care that there is anything other than Windows or Apple. Dear Old
Dad had a very original Macintosh and other Apple boxes as time went by. Did
Graphic Design on Apples till blindness and old age caught up to him.

Bet Y'all can't wait to see what stupid questions a stinking Printing
Pressman can ask on a list like this...

 --
Thanks,
Ben Bullard