Re: [Nolug] Meeting Request

From: Chris Jones <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 19:35:17 -0500

I'm sure ip6 was designed to where it and ip4 can co-exist, and they can just route between each other somehow, so even if a portion of the Internet moves to it, it can start freeing up some addresses. Or, they can start assigning ip6 addresses to any new ip requests or whatever. So that may buy some time, but still, if new Orleans could have a big push for being ip6 ready, I'm sure it could be a good thing for our city. I think we already know AT&T is going to be a late adaptor, cox will surely be able to transition quicker, just from what I've seen from the 2 companies so far. At work our clients have been dropping from AT&T like flies because they can't keep up with our city's bandwidth needs whatsoever. It's always fun when a client goes from dsl to cox, and they go from 200kb/s to 2.5MB/s. It's like watching a blind person see for the first time. LOL

Chris Jones