RE: [Nolug] suggestions for workstation

From: Andy Cristina <acristina_at_penta-corp.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:24:52 -0600

How old? The reason I ask is that while RH 8 is very nice for new users,
has a trivially easy install, and comes with OpenOffice.org 1.0.1, you need
a fairly nice system to run reasonably. I use it on a PII 350 with 382 megs
of ram, and its good enough for me to use every day. A friend has it
running on a PII 200, with 128 megs of ram, but I don't know how well it
runs. If you have something fairly decent, I'd suggest RedHat 8.