Re: [Nolug] Supercomputing conference in NOLA Nov.13-19

From: Lee S. Whatley <lee_at_whatley.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:36:23 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Simon Dorfman wrote:
> Not cheap (unless you're a student), but looks interesting. For example, a
> talk on Linux Cluster Construction:
> http://sc10.supercomputing.org/schedule/event_detail.php?evid=tut103
>
> Registration prices:
> http://sc10.supercomputing.org/?pg=registration.html
> -Simon

I've been to several SC conferences, and I can attest that they are pretty
cool. I'm not sure yet if I'll be going this year- work ususally rotates
out who gets to go every year.

The "exhibits only" pass is $100, and is totally worth the money. I
wouldn't bother spending the $ to get into the technical sessions or
tutorials unless your company is going to pay for it. If you do get a
tech session pass be sure to go to the after-party for tech session people
though. In fact, try to get into any after-parties you can - many of the
big vendors (Cray, SGI, Microsoft, Dell, IBM, etc.) throw some pretty cool
parties.

My work will have a booth at the show (we're booth #2523 - DoD HPCMP). So
stop by and take some free stuff from us ;)