Re: [Nolug] Ubuntu

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:18:37 -0500

On 10/01/2010 12:19 PM, Dustin Hinton wrote:
> I'm with Techmaster... At one point I've ran almost every distro..
> Ubuntu is completely awesome.. It's what we have been working towards..
> You should be excited.. Not hating.. Everything came from somewhere..
> Debian is still awesome(which I still tinker with) But it helped give
> birth to something else.. Ubuntu is the first real pro package we have
> produced as a community.. It actually installs the first time, its
> usable, it's GUI is feature rich and playful... I love it.. It's my main
> OS..

And sitting behind a decent firewalling, dhcping router, the
ecosystem of Linux, FF, Tbird, ABP and Flashblock is pretty secure.

When "they" (wife & progeny) use Windows, I worry even though they
use their own dedicated, restricted-access accounts. When using
Ubuntu, I don't have those worries.

--
Seek truth from facts.