Re: [Nolug] Ubuntu

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:19:04 -0500

On Fri October 1 2010 3:56 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 10/01/2010 11:56 AM, B. Estrade wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 12:10:09PM -0500, Techmaster wrote:
> >> Check out powershell and windows core mode. They have both of those
> >> things, sort of. Core mode is a cli window in a stripped down gui,
> >> similar to running X without any window manager. Hopefully we'll see a
> >> true CLI version of Windows soon.
> >
> > I looked at it a while back. What I really want is a Bourne derivative
> >
> > :)...and yeah, a true cli version of Windows would present some sort
> >
> > of a vitamin B shot to M$'s 133t street cred.
>
> Window-less Windows?

Re: my cygwin and sshd comment earlier:

I did that at a client's office and put up apache and kwiki on the secretary's
Win2k workstation. It work, but they all wanted to know why I was making
strange cackling noises while logged into the thing from my laptop. It's a
rather weird feeling, realizing you've essentially "fixed" a Windows machine
and caused it to be actually useful for once.

Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant
http://joeykelly.net
504-239-6550