Re: [Nolug] Mac OS X to make an appearance at the next meeting....maybe.

From: the Professor <nyghtgolem_at_bigplanet.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:30:07 -0600

----- Original Message ----- > If I was going to make a screaming cluster
and have unlimited money,
> then I'd pony up for POWER4 or Alpha processors. Unfortunately,
> I think I could get 2-3x as many nodes using x86, thus making it
> go lots faster.

On this note! ... hehe

I set up a 3 node mosix cluster using RH8.0 kernel 2.4.19

Started a build of the documentation for KDevelop 2.1.3 (?) and was watching
the monitor on one of the nodes showing the load averages of all 3. My
cluster really sucks for speed of the nodes, but I can upgrade those as I
get the newer pieces. It was an interesting adventure.

~